New! Play Fund for Artists
- Deadline: 5:00pm, 31 May 2021
- Location: This fund is for artists based in Scotland.
Starcatchers is pleased to announce the launch of our new Play Fund.
The Play Fund will support artists with time and space to explore and progress ideas and practice, in making work for babies and young children, from birth to 5 years, and their adults.
The fund has two opportunities to apply this year, the deadlines for 2021 are:
31st May 2021
31st October 2021
Artists can use these awards to pay for their own time, materials and associated costs of developing their ideas. We imagine the awards ranging from £2,000-4,000. This fund supports work across all art forms.
The aims of the Play Fund are to:
- Support artists to explore and develop new ideas
- Encourage artists to push the boundaries of what art experiences for babies and young children can be
How to apply
This opportunity is for artists based in Scotland. We intend to ensure that at least one of these awards is made to an artist who identifies as Black, a Person of Colour, from the African Caribbean Diaspora, Latinx, East Asian Diaspora, South East Asian Diaspora, South Asian Diaspora, West Asian Diaspora (including Middle East), Indigenous people, biracial or as having mixed heritage.
To apply for the first round please send us the following (either by written application or video):
- A description of what you would like to do and why
- Who would be involved
- An idea of what funding you would need
- A rough timescale of when things would happen
- Any support we can offer in additional to funding (training, mentoring, networking, access to resources)
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 31 May 2021 at 5pm.
A panel of Starcatchers staff and freelance artists will consider all the applications. Everyone who applies will receive a response no later than 11 June and feedback will be available upon request.