Starcatchers Celebrates 11th Birthday
On October 1st 2017 Starcatchers celebrates its 11th Birthday.
What began as an experiment in Muirhouse in 2006 has now grown to become Scotland National Arts and Early Years Organisation.
Since October 2016 we have:
- Toured our co-production The Shape of Things with Branar Theatre across Scotland and Ireland to audiences of over 2,400 babies and their adults.
- Toured MamaBabaMe, our co-production with Curious Seed, across Scotland and Leicester, to audiences of over 2,600 babies and their adults.
- Held a Parliamentary Reception at The Scottish Parliament hosted by Gordon Macdonald MSP, and introduced by the Minister for Childcare & Early Years Mark McDonald MSP, which focused on how the Arts can help to close the attainment gap in Scotland.
- Launched our brand new Community Engagement project Creative Kin with Children 1st which enables artists to work with kinship carers in North Ayrshire and Moray.
- Welcomed many new participants to our group at Expecting Something in Wester Hailes and welcomed back our lead artist Hazel Darwin-Clements to Expecting Something in Lochgelly
- Raised over £800 for Forward for Families, which enabled parents with very young children from all walks of life in Scotland to experience a high-quality shared theatre experience.
- Won a Sunday Herald Culture Award for our co-production of MamaBabaMe.
- Continued with our flagship Professional Development Programme Creative Skills, bringing creativity and the arts to thousands more children in 16-17 and 17-18.
- And right now we’re bringing even more Sprog Rock gigs to children in Scotland through our YMI Scotland project which sees the band write band new music with children from nurseries across four local authorities.
We are very proud of the work we have done in the past year and we’d like to say thank you to all our audiences, participants, partners, supporters, artists, friends, family and of course our staff who have worked tirelessly to put children at the heart of everything they do.
Keep up to date with all our productions, projects and professional development news on our website and across social media.