The Basic Idea
Tape on a hard floor is great for creating boundaries and different spaces. Let your wee one be in charge with where the tape goes, helping them with sticking it down.
Over To You, Wee One
Together you can create different spaces that help you move in different ways – maybe you’re birds in a nest, or you could be bears getting ready to hibernate. Or try making paths and walk along the tape like a tightrope.
- Great for wee ones who love wrapping things up or creating boundaries to put things in
- Easy way to create their own safe space
- Combines fine motor (small movements) with gross motor (big movements)
- If you don’t have tape, try taking some chalk outside, or find sticks to make a path
- Combine this with den building for an extra level of comfort – create a boundary for a calm space and use blankets/furniture to build a hideaway in it
This idea is all about helping wee ones create their own space. They may want lots of attention, or just a space to be alone for a wee bit. When you undo the tape remind them they can make that space any time they need it.