Help us this #Giving Tuesday
Today is #GivingTuesday – a global day of giving!
In a milestone year, where we turned 10 years old we undertook a huge amount of work across our 3 strands of activity.
Starcatchers a charitable organisation with very limited core funding we rely on the generous support of individuals, businesses and trusts and foundations to help us deliver these programmes:
In 2016 we:
Produced and Toured
- 3 productions for very young children and their adults; Blue Block Studio, Hup and The Shape of Things.
- Had a SOLD OUT run at our first appearance at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Visited 30 venues and communities across Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Engaged with over 7000 babies, parents and carers.
- Delivered 2 residency projects exploring creative movement and dance in nurseries in Dundee and Inverclyde, Moving Matters & Talking Tales with Skye Reynolds and Andy Cannon.
- Worked with the National Galleries of Scotland to deliver a series of artist led workshops in the three National Galleries called Toddle Tours.
- Continued the two year project, Expecting Something working with young parents under 25 and their babies under 2 in Lochgelly, Fife and Westerhailes, Edinburgh.
- Through of Community Engagement strand we reached over 400 babies, parents and carers in communities across Scotland.
- Delivered Creative Skills Training in 15/16 to over 200 Early Years Practitioners, Childcare Professionals, Childminders and HNC Students.
- Ran 4 extra development days and one off trainings for Early Years Artists and Practitioners reaching a further 100 people.
- Trialed a new Starcatchers and SQA approved Level 7 qualification, Creative Skills in Early Childhood Practice.
- Established an Emerging Artist Bursary programme connected to the Expecting Something project so far engaging with 6 Emerging Artists in Scotland.
In order for us to continue to;
Develop, create and produce high quality work
Run innovative programmes that embed artists into communities
Deliver practical training to our early educators and artists
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Any donation, large or small, will help us to continue to develop exciting and innovative projects across Scotland and will help to make a positive difference to the lives of babies, toddlers, young children and their families.